SOFTWARE ENGINEER (FRONTEND FOCUS) (f/m/d)
MusicHub is the new digital platform that empowers musicians to unleash their creative potential and get their music heard, enabling them to build a sustained career, one ready track at a time. Our seamless DIY solution allows artists to release their music on leading streaming platforms and to organize and easily promote their music independently, whilst retaining full control of their rights. Kickstarted via a company-building project, our international and diverse team of music experts officially launched our service in September 2021. Additional content management and rights administration features will be implemented in the future. We are now looking for talented people to join our exciting journey and to constantly enhance our members’ experience.
MusicHub is a subsidiary of GEMA, the German collecting society for music copyrights whose members include over 80.000 composers, lyricists, and music publishers. The company is managed by ZEBRALUTION, one of the leading distributors for music, audiobooks and podcasts headquartered in Kreuzberg, with offices in Amsterdam, Paris, Barcelona, London, and L.A. We combine our start-up spirit with the experience of the ZEBRALUTION Group, awarded by digital service providers such as Spotify and Apple as their preferred provider for over a decade, and the stability of GEMA, a non-profit association with over 100 years of history.
MusicHub is an inclusive and diverse workplace. We welcome all applications and value every individual’s identity, beliefs, and origins.
A typical day in this role:
• You will speak English all day long as English is our working language,
• You’ll be working in a diverse, agile, collaborative, product-focused team, building innovative customer experiences based on user needs,
• You will be writing high quality software using continuous delivery practices,
• You’ll be developing and executing a technical vision with a focus on business value,
• You’ll take ownership of features end-to-end and have an eye for improvement.
What you need:
• You have 3-5 years of experience in developing web-applications,
• You have experience with unit-, integration and end-to-end testing (e.g., Cypress), test-first principles,
• You have worked with single page applications, consuming a REST-API.
What would be nice to have:
• Affinity to work in pair programming,
• Knowledge in cloud architectures, cloud platforms (especially Google Cloud Platform, Firebase),
• Experience with using relational databases (esp. PostgreSQL),
• Familiarity with monitoring and analytics tools,
• A love of music and interest in the music industry.
This is what our interview process will look like:
• 1 personal interview with two of our engineers (45 minutes),
• 1 pair programming session with two of our engineers (1,5 hour),
• 1 personal interview with our product team (45 minutes),
• 1 final chat with our leadership team and the GEMA HR (45 minutes),
-> All the interviews will happen virtually due to the current situation.
What we offer:
• A great work atmosphere in our loft-style office near Schlesisches Tor where your colleagues are a dedicated team of music enthusiasts,
• Top-notch hardware and the opportunity to help build an online platform that enables music makers to unleash their creative potential and get their music heard,
• A competitive salary and contract with full benefits of German employment law,
• A team spirit in which you and your well-being are highly valued,
• Help to relocate in Berlin,
• The possibility to work remotely thanks to our hybrid system and our set up.
Please send your application including a CV, your earliest starting date, and your salary expectations to email@example.com
(A cover letter is not mandatory)