Business Development Manager
Millions of people around the world live completely normal lives until suddenly, in the blink of an eye, they are struck with serious afflictions like strokes, spinal cord injuries, or other severe conditions. Often times, these conditions result in a debilitating loss of hand function that negatively impacts their quality of life. At Powered Orthotics, our mission is to help this forgotten patient population by providing them the ability to use their hands once again. For this, we have created a powered, soft orthotic device to return hand function to this population and restore their confidence, productivity, and independence.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated business development professional to create opportunities in this market and elevate our business to the next level. But ultimately, we want somebody who gets up in the morning fueled by the idea that they make an impact on people’s lives.
Your Role and Impact
- You have the unique opportunity to help across the entire company and get valuable experience to develop yourself as the startup evolves
- Being an early member of the team, you will be instrumental in helping define our business, identify opportunities, and meaningfully shape our product
- You will support us in crucial topics such as fundraising, operations, strategic partner acquisition, and other operational goals from ideation to implementation.
- You’ll be an equal part of the team and take ownership of key projects and initiatives end-to-end.
What You Bring to the Table
- Strong personal initiative and an ability to identify what needs to be done
- Hands-on and flexible with a get-it-done mentality
- You are an absolute team player who also knows how to work independently
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. You should be a great writer, speaker, and listener
- A positive and open-minded attitude
- Fluent in German and English
Bonus Points If:
- You have prior work experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment like a startup or consulting firm
- You have prior work experience in sales, account management, marketing, or accounting
- You have prior work experience in medicine, physical rehabilitation, or a med-tech company
- You have an entrepreneurial background
What We Offer You
- Ability to grow and thrive in a high-paced environment with a strong emphasis on learning and personal development
- Payment according to E13 TV-L from Heidelberg University
- Opportunity for full freedom and responsibility by working on big impactful initiatives instead of tasks
- You determine your own hours, where you work and how many holidays you need – we don’t care about how many hours you spend at a desk, we care about your impact
We are dedicated to building a company that champions the diverse world we live in. That means hiring a team rich in diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and ideas.
As such, we’re committed to equal opportunity and treatment in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability.
Sound exciting? We are waiting for your application!
Am Besten verweist du bei der Bewerbung darauf, dass du diese offene Position auf Startup Joblist gefunden hast.
Do you want your work to make a difference? Are you interested in developing technology that actually helps people? Then we would love to have you on our team. We are a medical device startup in Heidelberg tackling the devastating […]
Mehr Jobs dieses Unternehmens
Do you want your work to make a difference?
Are you interested in developing technology that actually helps people?
Then we would love to have you on our team.
We are a medical device startup in Heidelberg tackling the devastating problem of partial paralysis that can come from a stroke or spinal cord injury. We have developed a powered, wearable device to help these people move better again; to help them interact once more with their families and environment.
That’s why we work as a team with passion and creativity to create the best technology to provide these people with the confidence, productivity, and independence that they deserve. We are ambitious, passionate, and driven to shape the future of wearable technology. To this end, we are looking for extraordinary talents and outside-the-lines thinkers who are eager to take this step with us.
Let’s open new doors together.