Founder Associate - Intern
FemXX Health UG
We are looking for a generalist superstar to join us at FemXX Health and help us close the gender health gap!
FemXX is an online platform where patients with Endometriosis and other female-dominant chronic diseases can find effective treatments to cope with their symptoms, based on what others with a similar health profile have successfully tried. To do so, we are using the power of crowdsourced data and machine learning to match patients with effective treatments – combining the best of community and AI.
We are a Berlin-based, early stage startup born out of the belief that women* deserve better health care and that technology can contribute to filling the knowledge gap that exists in women*s health to date.
As our founders’ associate intern, you will work together with our CTO Dana Aronovici & our CEO Luise Müller on a wide range of tasks, from product to marketing, from strategy to operations. It is an opportunity to try first-hand the experience of growing a startup from the ground up and to contribute to building an impact product that aims to help millions of people.
Help us create impact by:
- Building a one-of-a-kind health product: Help us iteratively build our web application, onboarding new users, creating wireframes and design ideas, testing new product features and analysing the user data to see what works.
- Being in touch with our users: Help us run user tests, organise (online) community events and collect user feedback, so we can get better in helping patients. Immerse yourself in the user community and become their biggest advocate.
- Implementing an impactful marketing strategy: Conceptualise catchy and engaging content, create social media campaigns & mailings and get creative in reaching more people who need FemXX’s support.
- Growing a sustainable business: Get a feel for the market, research existing solutions and their business models, create beautiful pitch slides, keep us on our toes for the latest developments to successfully fund FemXX.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset: You are interested in founding a company, you have shown initiative to solve problems heads-on in the past and maybe already have experience in a young startup. You enjoy learning about business strategies, working on decks, getting into product development and don’t shy away from numbers (don’t worry, no crazy excel macros required).
- You are a hands-on allrounder: The outlook of working on many different projects excites you. You love switching contexts and getting your hands dirty. You hate to choose between “creative” and “analytical”, because you are both. You want to take responsibility and manage projects independently and proactively.
- You are a thoughtful communicator: You have strong communication skills and care about inclusive language. Our team’s working language is English, so you would have to be fluent in English. Our user base is partly German speaking, so being able to communicate with them in good German would be great.
- You are a student looking for a 3 month internship (in case of “Pflichtpraktikum” up to 6 months possible). We are ready to onboard you immediately, let us know when you are available.
- You have German residency, preferably live in Berlin. Our preferred model would be working together once a week in person, the other days remotely – but this is up for discussion if you prefer to work from anywhere else with good internet.
What we offer:
- Insights into the early-stage startup magic and the opportunity to get involved in what excites you. You will be one of our firsts team members and we will take you and your interests seriously.
- Room for growth while working with our experienced founders, who both have 10+ years of experience in leadership, product development, tech, business development and marketing, who care about your professional development and will coach you through your internship.
- Remote work and flexible working hours and no expectation to work over-hours. Startup life is stressful, but this should not be on you during an internship. We believe it takes breaks and rest to be productive and creative.
- Financial Compensation.
- The chance to make an impact for millions of patients who need better health support.
We would love to meet you if you are an independent thinker and excited about closing the gender health gap and being an active part of growing FemXX.
Please send your CV, including a short paragraph about why you match with this role, as well as your availability to email@example.com.
FemXX Health is an inclusive organization that welcomes applications from all backgrounds and underrepresented communities and groups. We are looking forward to meeting our next team mate!
* with ‘women’ we refer to people assigned female at birth. It is important to note that there are also people identifying as men or non-binary who have/had uteruses and are suffering from Endometriosis or other gynecological conditions. The XX in FemXX stands for the female assigned chromosomes, no matter the actual gender identity. We are addressing the gender health gap for female-dominant diseases that are structurally under-researched and under-funded in our healthcare system and support patients of all genders suffering from those conditions.
Am Besten verweist du bei der Bewerbung darauf, dass du diese offene Position auf Startup Joblist gefunden hast.
On FemXX, community meets AI to radically improve our health care. We are a Berlin-based, early stage startup born out of the belief that technology can contribute to filling the knowledge gap that exists in women’s health to date. Female-dominant […]
Mehr Jobs dieses Unternehmens
On FemXX, community meets AI to radically improve our health care.
We are a Berlin-based, early stage startup born out of the belief that technology can contribute to filling the knowledge gap that exists in women’s health to date.
Female-dominant diseases are systematically under-researched, resulting in massive personal and societal costs. The most underrepresented and our starting point: Endometriosis. Endometriosis affects 5% of all people, yet little is known about how to treat it, creating a lifetime of trial & error to cope with it.
It’s time we fill the gap: with crowdsourced patient insights and accessible experts. Based on unique health profiles and matching algorithms, patients find other patients with similar disease journeys to learn what has helped them end the pain.