Head of Design
Luko is the fastest growing Insurance in Europe and France’s #1 Neo Insurance.
Today, Luko’s mission seems obvious: to transform insurance from an industry perceived as a necessary evil to a service that truly protects.
Beyond the protection of individuals, insurance must serve society. It should be an ally to the planet and to its environmental issues.
We believe that insurance must be simple, transparent and useful.
Our obsession? Delivering an incredible insuree experience. Luko is not just about insuring, but also about preventing issues. We are building the best AI-powered technologies to avoid accidents in every European home.
In 5 years, we have convinced over 300,000 users to trust us. We are backed by some of the most incredible VCs (EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest, Xavier Niel, etc.) and raised more than 70M€ in Series A & B.
We are a team of 200+ ambitious & creative talents eager to reinvent an entire industry. We are looking for other impact-driven talents to scale Luko across Europe. We are committed to equal access to employment, inclusion and diversity within the teams.
Are you ready to join our journey?
At Luko, Lukooms’ forces are divided into 5 tribes, set up in a product-based organisation. Each tribe constitutes several cross-functional squads (product + engineering + design) and executes towards its own roadmap for customer and business impact.
User Acquisition tribe focuses on Luko’s growth via the acquisition of new customers
Moment of Truth tribe aims at delighting our users throughout the whole life of their contract – claims included
New Business tribe focuses on launching new products, services and markets
User Life tribe maximises customer touchpoints by creating engagement opportunities. They are a home care partner guiding customers to the right solution
Core Insurance tribe owns all the products and features in order to support Luko’s Insurance activities, from regulation to tech
Your mission in the team:
Lead all of design @ Luko and spread customer-centered design thinking across the company.
Establish and lead Luko’s Design chapter across the 5 tribes
- Line manager for all levels of seniority for Luko’s product and brand designers – including principals, seniors, and juniors
- De-facto mentor who grooms and inspires the chapter and associate functions like Product Management, Engineering, Brand, CRM, Operations, Marketing, etc.
- Manage chapter budget and hire new talent as necessary to unlock greater impact potential for Luko’s tribes
Integral cog of Luko leadership
- Thought partner for Product and Engineering leadership to develop vision & strategy for Luko products and with Brand & Marketing to sharpen the Luko brand
- Expert at stakeholder communications, setting expectations, managing sidewards (stakeholders), and managing upwards (C-level & VP team)
Resident expert and evangelist of “We are user obsessed” Luko value
- Spread user-centred thinking culture across company, not only the chapter – and externally to attract great talent
- Facilitate design workshops and create knowledge hubs for Luko employees to level up their design thinking
- Design chapter / business unit lead for at least 2 years
- Past experience of line managing and building team of product and brand designers. Minimum team size: 5; preferably: 10+
- Extensive experience in product design
- Deep understanding of best practices and proven success with applying them
- Language: Strong English skills mandatory. Bonus: French, German, Spanish.
Nice to have:
- Total experience: 12+ years
- Past experience with insurtech or fintech
- Intro call
- Hiring manager interview
- Case study + review
- Lukofit (behavioural & culture-fit interview)
- Reference check & offer
What we offer:
- Be part of the fastest growing insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Nice perks (meal vouchers, unlimited days off, mental health support with Moka.care etc.)
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- Friendly team and offices in Paris, Madrid & Berlin
- Remote friendly (see our No Border Policy)
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken).
We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in english.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.
Am Besten verweist du bei der Bewerbung darauf, dass du diese offene Position auf Startup Joblist gefunden hast.
Luko ist die am schnellsten wachsende Versicherung in Europa und Frankreichs Nr. 1 unter den Neo-Versicherungen. Die ambitionierte Mission von Luko: das Image von Versicherungen auf den Kopf zu stellen, von einer Branche, die als notwendiges Übel angesehen wird, hin […]