Partner / Co-Managing Director (m/f/d) - Venture Capital Fund
We are building xdeck!
xdeck is a pre-seed venture platform that unlocks people performance by accelerating and investing in cutting-edge tech and digital startups from across Europe. In 2020, we launched Germany’s first startup accelerator operated by founders themselves – “from founders, for founders”. Now, we are taking the next step and are building “the people performance vc”. xdeck is seed-funded by the founders of FOND OF and supported through a strong partner network, incl. Capnamic Ventures, Cherry Ventures, Deutsche Bank, Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek, High-Tech Gründerfonds, Kienbaum Consultants International, Köln Business, McKinsey & Company, Volksbank Köln Bonn, Nexum and more. xdeck is located in THE SHIP, Germany’s most digital office building in Cologne-Ehrenfeld. For more information on xdeck, please visit us on www.xdeck.de
We are looking for an experienced entrepreneurial investor to complement our leadership team!
As co-managing directoryour focus will lie on setting up xdeck’s very own early-stage venture capital fund and executing on its vision – unlocking people’s performance and establishing xdeck as the leading early-stage venture platform in Germany. You will steer the fundraising process for our second closing. You will sharpen xdeck’s long-term strategy, including the value proposition of its fund to our portfolio ventures, as well as ensure smooth operations of the full investment process. You will act as both investor and coach to our portfolio founders.
The current xdeck core team consists of a mix of entrepreneurs, leading business school graduates, tech strategy consultants and first and foremost – creative minds. We are playful performers who work hard, enjoy each other’s company and aspire to always have an impact with everything we do.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU IF YOU ARE …
– … XCITED about leadership: You are a team player and a servant leader. You push your team towards aspirational objectives while developing and supporting them at every point of the way, personally and methodologically. You act as a role for model for people around you, especially the startup founders whom xdeck helps accelerate
– … an XECUTER: You prefer doing over talking. And you know how to get things done in a fast, efficient, and uncomplicated way – across different worlds: you seamlessly move between the startup, venture capital and corporate sectors
– … an XCEPTIONAL entrepreneur: You love new ideas and being visionary. You see new opportunities; you foster different options and you boldly shape the future of xdeck. You don’t stick to what is known, but push for novel approaches to traditional challenges
– … XCELLING at analytics: You prefer data and structure over chaos. You feel at ease dissecting new business models, challenging the assumptions and economics behind, and accelerating them towards market success. Yet, you never forget the individuals behind a company and always try to push for their personal development, as well
– … XCHANGING views: You have a strong network, in particular across the startup and venture capital sector and you excel at bringing together inspiring and relevant people. You are yourself when on a stage during keynotes, panels and engaging with large audiences
If all of the above describes you, then we are already a bit XCITED about you. We expect the following qualifications from you:
YOU HAVE …
• substantial experience (preferably 5+ years and a track record of 20+ investments) in the venture capital industry. Ideally, you combine having founded or led a startup company with a current, leading position in a venture capital fund
• strategic and conceptual-analytical skills. You know how to structure complex challenges without harming the creative process to solve them
• leadership spirit and a good sense of humor. You know when and how to motivate people and enable them to be the best version of themselves
• very well maintained and reliable network as well as an excellent reputation within the investor and founder scene
• excellent German and English skills
• a university degree in economics, information systems, business, engineering or another relevant field of academic studies
WE OFFER YOU …
• an inspirational, impact-orientated group of people to work with
• the unique opportunity to take the driver’s seat in building the leading VC fund in the rapidly growing startup region of the Rhineland – with the opportunity to raise follow-on funds in the future
• an attractive compensation package, incl. fixed and variable components
We look forward to receiving your application!
Am Besten verweist du bei der Bewerbung darauf, dass du diese offene Position auf Startup Joblist gefunden hast.
We are xdeck! xdeck is Germany’s first startup accelerator from founders for founders. It focuses on early-stage tech and digital driven startups, today with a relevance especially for the consumer and commerce industries. xdeck is seed-funded by the founders of […]
Mehr Jobs dieses Unternehmens
// xdeck GmbH
We are xdeck!
xdeck is Germany’s first startup accelerator from founders for founders. It focuses on early-stage tech and digital driven startups, today with a relevance especially for the consumer and commerce industries. xdeck is seed-funded by the founders of FOND OF and made possible through strong partners: Capnamic Ventures, Cherry Ventures, Deutsche Bank, Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek, High-Tech Gründerfonds, Kienbaum Consultants International, Köln Business, McKinsey & Company, nexum, Volksbank Köln Bonn, and more.
Now, we are building the xdeck pre-seed venture capital fund. From founders, for founders. We strive to become the first institutional investor in startups and build the bridge between angel investors and early-stage VC funds. Through the close collaboration with the xdeck accelerator and its partners, we have superior access to high-quality startups as well as the capabilities to provide them with specific and tailormade operational support. Our goal is to help our portfolio startups exceed their growth targets and prepare them for future financing rounds.
xdeck is located in THE SHIP, Germany’s most digital office building in Cologne-Ehrenfeld. For more information on xdeck, please visit us on www.xdeck.de