PRODUCT OWNER PIRATE EVENTS (M/F/D)
Cologne, Germany or Remote
About the Company
Founded in 2010, PIRATEx is the team behind some of the most iconic and unconventional tech & startup events. We bring together more than 15,000 participants annually during events like PIRATE Summit, PIRATE Live, OMClub, EXEC (Fintech & Insurtech), Jeck’n’Tech and Startup SAFARI. We are driven to create experiences for meaningful connections. In addition to our event and community brands, we have augmented our business model to develop, design and produce virtual and hybrid events, conferences and trade shows for external clients. All this is organized by our passionate team of 30+ highly motivated and down to earth crew members.
Even though in the last year we have been experiencing a major shift in our target group (from startups and VCs to trade fairs and corporates), our roots remain in the startup & tech world, and we want to strengthen them again. We’re looking for you to support us in raising the flags!
We are seeking a passionate Startup Event Curator & Community Builder who will be the driver of our PIRATE Events, sharing our mission to HELP ENTREPRENEURS SUCCEED.
Either remote, or from our home at STARTPLATZ, we offer a professional, flexible and innovative work environment. You regularly have the chance to build connections to like-minded people and young companies, and have access to great events.
About the PIRATE Events
PIRATE Events will transform going forward, so this isn’t set in stone. A year ago we would have described them as: PIRATE Events are all about creating unique and memorable experiences. Content that inspires, meaningful connections that last. A place to dive deep into the world of entrepreneurship, startups and innovation and connect with others on eye-level. PIRATE Events stand out because of their unique atmosphere. Authentic, opinionated, personal and real.
What will remain and what will change? Let’s define the path going forward together.
We aren’t looking for a manager, we are looking for a real owner with love for our brands and products. Somebody that is emotionally connected to PIRATE and wants to make it their own.
You are mainly responsible for developing the PIRATE Event brands and for shaping the participant experience. This includes deciding on the right positioning, telling a compelling story and curating formats and contents. The production itself will be done by our production team. This requires being very hands-on and delivering a great next event while not losing sight of the bigger picture.
Our first event will be the PIRATE Live event in September 2021. It’s an online event and we will integrate all of our experience of producing 100+ online events in the past year. This event will set a new benchmark for online events. Content, formats and audience will be foundational for PIRATE Events to come.
The future of the PIRATE Event brands may evolve (partly) into products that aren’t recognized as events anymore. And that is fine. We believe that the future of physical events will have a large digital footprint.
You are passionate about entrepreneurship, innovation, and technology. You love taking ownership and bringing ideas to live. Connecting people feels natural to you and networking is your thing. These strengths and passions will help you to build and shape our community!
- Work in a fast-growing, committed and passionate team with flat hierarchies
- Full-time position with a fair monthly wage
- A yearly bonus based on team performance
- A trust-based holiday policy
- Flexible working hours, as well as the possibility to work from home
- Fitness & Health Membership (e.g. Urban Sports Club)
- Regular team events (further training, after-work beers, team retreats, strategy days, etc.)
- A strong feedback culture with regular 1on1 and team feedback sessions
- The opportunity to let off steam with new tools and develop yourself further
- Probably the best crew in the world! (says the crew)
- You have a strong personal interest in entrepreneurship and keep yourself updated on what’s going on in the world of tech, innovation and the startup ecosystem
- You are a born networker and preferably bring a strong international business network (startups, corporates and VCs)
- You are an experienced project manager and proven team leader
- You contribute your expertise to make events successful with the right content and speakers
- You are an excellent communicator in English and have an outgoing personality
- You know how to work efficiently and know where automation/tools could make the life of your colleagues (and eventually yours) easier
- Bonus: you have been to PIRATE Summit and/or other PIRATE related events
Am Besten verweist du bei der Bewerbung darauf, dass du diese offene Position auf Startup Joblist gefunden hast.
Founded in 2010 with the goal of organizing the tech & startup event PIRATE Summit, PIRATEx has today grown into a well known brand in the startup ecosystem. We are recognized in the industry for creating some of the most […]
Mehr Jobs dieses Unternehmens
Founded in 2010 with the goal of organizing the tech & startup event PIRATE Summit, PIRATEx has today grown into a well known brand in the startup ecosystem. We are recognized in the industry for creating some of the most unconventional, authentic events across various industries. While we run our own startup events – this is where we have our roots – our major revenue streams come from our event agency unit. This is where we organize conferences, meetups, trade fairs, webinars & much more for our customers. Online and offline. Big and small. Rather than focusing on a certain area or topic we center around what all events have in common: the people. And that’s where we excel.