(Senior) Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Your upcoming projects
Join the mobility revolution. With the backing and support of Volkswagen, we’ve launched WeShare in June 2019. We are a high-potential, high-quality start-up that offers innovative, holistic, and stress-free mobility solutions. Our customer-centric approach means that to us, mobility is not just a means to an end. It’s a passion. We are UMI.
In your role as “Data Engineer” you’ll be part of our Product & Engineering chapter, and specifically our Data-team, reporting to the CPO. Data plays a huge role in the success of our business. With your work, you will help turn signals coming from our growing electric vehicles fleet into user-ready data. As an essential part of our Data-team you will focus on the following areas:
- You own, build, maintain and monitor our data lake and warehouse infrastructures
- You batch or stream extract data from various sources, transform them according to the use cases and load them in our storage
- You connect with internal teams and external providers to ensure reliable data sourcing and continuous data integration
- You put systems in place to track data quality and consistency
- You monitor our storage cost, optimize our infrastructure load and proactively think about an optimal data architecture
- You ensure the robustness of the pipelines, making sure they are able to scale up and ultimately be responsible for the quality of data provided to the team
- You support your data science colleagues by providing them reliable data, sharing best data engineering practices and helping them deploy ML models in production
- You accompany our teams to support with data-driven decisions, especially during our OKR cycle, but also to prioritize company initiatives
- Wait a minute … is there something missing? You’re the expert – we’d love to hear it!
- Experience – 4+ years development experience with Python
- Language – Expertise in writing efficient SQL queries
- Experience with cloud stacks like Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Amazon Web Services(AWS)
- Experience with building large scale batch pipelines, preferably with Airflow
- Experience with real time data streaming, preferably Google Pub/Sub or Kafka
- Depth – Deep understanding of different data infrastructure advantages and inconveniences
Nice to have
- Experience with data cataloguing approaches
- Experience with IoT setups
- Knowledge of OKRs (even though we twerked it a bit)
Another plus: You’re already using our service and would love to look behind the scene!
What we can offer you
- Flat hierarchies with a lot of responsibility and impact
- Competitive salary + Mobility budget
- 30 vacation days
- Flexible working hours
- Remote work within Germany
- An office close to Alexanderplatz – in the heart of Berlin!
Am Besten verweist du bei der Bewerbung darauf, dass du diese offene Position auf Startup Joblist gefunden hast.
More than just sharing. UMI Urban Mobility International GmbH puts electric vehicles on the road using the sharing principle. But we are so much more: as developers of holistic mobility concepts, we intend to make cities healthier, greener, less cluttered […]