Senior DevOps Engineer – Advertiser Connectivity Engineering
How would a price comparison website work without prices? It won’t! That’s why our duty is to connect and maintain hundreds of advertisers around the globe by developing next-generation technologies to assure that millions of users are able to find for their ideal hotel at the best price.
We are looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial DevOps Engineer to join a team of passionate Software Engineers, QA Engineers and Product Owners building and maintaining our advertiser microservice infrastructure.
Are you a good fit for the role? Then we’d love to hear from you!
### **What you’ll do:**
– Build and maintain our Kubernetes clusters.
– Use configuration management and provisioning tools such as Ansible or Terraform to set up new and existing nodes.
– Provide infrastructure solutions and proof of concepts for new projects.
– Take care of Continuous Integration and Deployment/Delivery (CI/CD).
– Implement and maintain observability (monitoring, logging, alerting) solutions using tools like Prometheus, Grafana or the EFK-Stack (Elasticsearch, Fluentd, Kibana).
– Troubleshoot reasons for malfunctions, support the team members by investigating misbehaviour of the application.
– Understand the key parts of the code of projects that run on the cluster and how they relate to the running infrastructure.
### **What you’ll **definitely **need:**
– 4-6 years’ work experience in a distributed environment or a degree in Computer Science, Business Informatics or a related field.
– Experience building CI/CD pipelines.
– A good understanding of container-based infrastructures.
– Good knowledge of shell scripting and Linux-based systems and tools.
– Good programming skills (e.g. Java, Go, PHP or C++).
– Entrepreneurial passion and high problem solving skills with the motivation and drive to challenge the status quo.
– Excellent communication skills in English – our company language.
– Fanatic learner, always looking to improve and picking up new skills.
### **What we’d love you to have:**
– Hand-on experience with technologies from our tech stack, e.g. Docker, Envoy, Istio, Jaeger Kubernetes, Helm, Linux, Prometheus or similar Cloud Native Projects.
– Experience working in a large-scale environment.
### **What you can expect from life at trivago:**
– **Growth: **We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
– **Autonomy:** Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
– **International environment:** Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
– **Collaborative spaces:** Our **[state-of-the-art campus]** in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
– **Relocation: **We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
Curious about life in Düsseldorf? As the city with the 6th highest living standard in the world, Düsseldorf has emerged as a hub for sport stars, TV stars and expats alike! Its beautiful setting along the Rhine river, convenient size and central location in Europe makes it one of the most attractive places to live in Western Europe.
Check out our articles on **[reasons to move to Düsseldorf]** as well as our **[relocation guide]**.
### **Additional information:**
– trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
– To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
– To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: ****
– Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit ****.
Am Besten verweist du bei der Bewerbung darauf, dass du diese offene Position auf Startup Joblist gefunden hast.